Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gear test

A day-long rain storm today was perfect for testing some gear. I tried out my Teknic JetStream rainsuit and it functioned perfectly. I ordered an XXL, which fits over all my protective gear and still leaves me room to move. The jacket is nice and long for protection and has some nice reflective striping, including across the back of the jacket.



I also tried out the Aerostitch Rain Glove covers, which are really just industrial-grade rubber gloves, sized super large to fit over your riding gloves. Work great, have great grip and are only $3.00 a pair. They pack small, but make you look like you are about to do the dishes.

2 comments:

  1. iPhone is very sensitive to water and is easily damaged

    Have you considered taking along a "Spot" device ? May come in real handy when no cell service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have the SPOT. We thought about it. I am loading the phone into an AquaBox, which is sealed and protected. Not ideal for a trip like this, but I am very interested in what it can handle. It may not make it, but that is part of the test.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.