I learned the hardway that the very stylish wind guards that come stock with the Uly are useless in any kind of fall. Luckily when I dumped I was in Deep Deep sand on the beginning of an off-road adventure in the Ocala National Forest so nothing too bad occurred. I did experience the hand guard collapsing and crushing in on my fingers. As soon as it was determined that all of my left digits were still attached, my trailmate John and I picked the bike up. The next moment I started my search for a handguard that would actually guard hands. I couldn't find any models that were specifically designed for the Ulysses, but after talking to Brian at Twisted Throttle we determined that the Barkbusters VPS with std mounting kit for 7/8" hollow bars may be the ticket. Here they are installed. Verdict? Just the ticket. An added benefit of these units is that they provide yet another stable surface to mount other farkles.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Buell Ulysses hand guard upgrade
I learned the hardway that the very stylish wind guards that come stock with the Uly are useless in any kind of fall. Luckily when I dumped I was in Deep Deep sand on the beginning of an off-road adventure in the Ocala National Forest so nothing too bad occurred. I did experience the hand guard collapsing and crushing in on my fingers. As soon as it was determined that all of my left digits were still attached, my trailmate John and I picked the bike up. The next moment I started my search for a handguard that would actually guard hands. I couldn't find any models that were specifically designed for the Ulysses, but after talking to Brian at Twisted Throttle we determined that the Barkbusters VPS with std mounting kit for 7/8" hollow bars may be the ticket. Here they are installed. Verdict? Just the ticket. An added benefit of these units is that they provide yet another stable surface to mount other farkles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello From Finland.
ReplyDeleteThese kind of hanquards I've also looking for...here's the reason:
At Auqust I was visiting the Northest Point of European union in Finnish Lapland with my Uly.
Fully loaded Uly was falling down at the Gas station and front brake handle was broken.
It was not very pleasant to drive about 1000 miles back home with only rear break... I mean when raindeers were jumping to the road and helmet visor full of insects...
I definetly dont want to experience that again...
NO Sir.
ReplyDelete